Children's eyecare & Optometry
When you’re deciding whether or not you should take your child in for an eye exam consider the following:
- An estimated 10 million children age 10 and younger have vision problems
- Vision screenings will not detect all of a child’s vision problems
- 80% of what a child learns during the first 12 years is obtained through vision
- 1 in 4 children have an undetected vision problem
- Visual impairment in children is associated with developmental delays and the need for special educational, vocational and social services
The earlier the problems are caught, the better. Not only do eye problems hinder learning, but some, such as lazy eye, can lead to virtual blindness if not treated in the first few years of life.